Download the Flyer
AS A TEAM
FALL/WINTER SWIM TEAM
GREATER SCRANTON YMCA
The YMCA Swim Team is based on the YMCA Principles of competitive swimming and character values. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our Coaching staff is dedicated to emphasizing values through individual development in swimming skills, sportsmanship, leadership and team spirit.
All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants or those who choose not to finish the season.
Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
All swimmers MUST be YMCA Members
League compeition is required for all swimmers in the fall/winter season. We participate in the YMCA PennDel Swim League
Booster Fee: There is a $35 Fall/Winter Booster fee for each family. This would be paid when registering your swimmer(s).
Practice fee include one team t-shirt and 1 team cap.
We have a new Team Unify website and database. All parents will recieve information, as to the many ways this will help to make here at the Y a more enjoyable one, shortly after they have regitered for our team.
All of the above needs to be completed prior to the swimmers first practice. No swimmer can be admitted into practice until all of the above has been completed.
“Blue” Practice For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of Swim Team Experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique.
- Tues/Wed/Fri: 5:30-6:30 p.m. (No practice Monday)
“White” Practice : Ages 13 and over. For the dedicated swimmer. Swimmers must be proficient in all competitive strokes, starts & turns.
- Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri: 6:30-8:30 pm (No practice Monday)
- Saturday: 7:00-8:30 am (No practice on meet days)
- Swimmers who also swim for their High School Team & will attend pre-high school season & post high school season practices with the YMCA White Practice. League competition is required unless a high school team commitment conflicts with our Y league meets. These swimmers will attend no more than 1-2 practices per week during the high school season. Those who will attend more, should register for the White Practice.
- Blue - $290
- White - $480
- High School - $150
GSY returning swimmers - 9/11 & 9/12, 4:30-6:30pm
New swimmers - 9/17 and 9/19, 6:30-8:00pm
After these dates, contact Ken Brewster for an appointment.
- Join the Greater Scranton YMCA (if not already a member)
- Register for the team during the above dates and times.
- All families need to have a credit card on file in our new Team Unify site in order to pay any future entry fees for meets they may opt to ender.
- Team Unify links and information will be sent to parents shortly after they register.
- Those who cannot make the registration dates should contact Diana Dempsey, Swim Team Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a day/time to register. Sorry, but swim team registration cannot be taken at the YMCA Welcome Center Desk
- Returning Swimmers
- Wednesday, 9/11 4:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, 9/12 4:30-6:30pm
- New Swimmers
- Tuesday, 9/17 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, 9/19 6:30-8:00pm