Download the Flyer
AS A TEAM
SPRING/SUMMER SWIM TEAM
GREATER SCRANTON YMCA
The YMCA Swim Team is based on the YMCA Principles of competitive swimming and character values. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our Coaching staff boasts some of the most experienced coaches in the area, and is dedicated to emphasizing values through individual development in swimming skills, sportsmanship, leadership and team spirit.
- All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants.
- Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
- Fees cannot be adujusted for swimmers who start late or choose not to finish the season
- Parent Club Fee: There is a $35 Parent Club Association fee for each family. This should be paid when registering your swimmer(s).
- All swimmers MUST be YMCA Members
- We will compete in the local NEPA Summer League. We will also attend Keystone State Games. Those who have also opted to become USA Members will also have the option of attending any USA Meet. The USA Meets fill up very quickly, so entries must be made very early.
- All summer competitions are optional.
“Blue” Practice For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of Swim Team Experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique.
“White” Practice : Ages 13 and over. For the dedicated swimmer. Swimmers must be proficient in all competitive strokes & turns.
- Bank Draft Option (3 payments with first payment due at registration)
- Registration Process:
- Join the Greater Scranton YMCA (if not already a member)
- Register at YMCA Welcome Desk for Practice Session (Check with coach if unsure of practice)
- Pay in Full OR if using Payment Plan:
- Fill out Electronic Draft Authorization Form (available on team website or at Welcome Desk. Signed copy MUST be turned into Welcome Desk when registering in order to set up automatic payments.
- Pay First Payment. The following drafts will draft on the 15th of each month.
- If your credit card or account information changes during the season, you must notify Diana Dempsey, Sr. Aquatic Director of the changes so that she can update your information for the remaining drafts.
- Fill out the Team Registration Form & give to the Welcome Desk when registering. Available on the Team Website & at the Welcome Desk.
- Fill out on-line Swimmer Registration Form via link on team website: gsyswimming.org
Parent Information Meeting