Swim Team Fall/Winter
September 18th, 2017 –End of Competition
(Practice Schedule will be adjusted after league championships)
The YMCA Swim Team is based on the YMCA Principles of competitive swimming and character values. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our Coaching staff boasts some of the most experienced coaches in the area, and is dedicated to emphasizing values through individual development in swimming skills, sportsmanship, leadership and team spirit.
· All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants.
· Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
· ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE YMCA MEMBERS
· League Competition is required for all swimmers during our Fall/Winter Season. We participate in the YMCA Penn-Dell league. For those who desire a higher level of competition, USA membership/meets are recommended.
· Raffle Tickets: Each family is required to purchase/sell 10 (10) Raffle Tickets.
· Parent Club Fee: There is a $35 Fall/Winter Parent Club fee for each family. This should be paid when registering your swimmer(s).
ALL OF THE ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE SWIMMER’S FIRST PRACTICE. NO SWIMMER CAN BE ADMITTED INTO PRACTICE UNTIL ALL OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
“Blue” Practice For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of Swim Team Experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique (ages 5-10)
Mon/Wed/Fri: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
“White” Practice : For the dedicated swimmer. Swimmers must be proficient in all competitive strokes & turns. USA Membership recommended for this Practice Group.
Monday/Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday/Fridays 6:30-8:00 p.m.
High School Fee: Swimmers who also swim for their High School Team & will attend pre-high school season. & post high school season practices with the YMCA White Practice. League competition is required unless a high school commitment conflicts with our Y league meets.
USA Fee: All of our swimmers who opt to also be a USA Swimmer, will pay the USA Fee. This fee includes all of the following: USA membership fee, USA Coaches expense fees , This Fee does not include individual entry fees for USA meets the swimmer will attend.
· Registration will open on Monday, August 14, 2017 at the YMCA Welcome Desk. Sorry, but On-line Registration is not available.
· Join the Greater Scranton YMCA (if not already a member)
· Register at YMCA Welcome Desk for Practice Session (Check with coach if unsure of practice)
· Pay in Full OR if using Payment Plan:
· Fill out Electronic Draft Authorization Form (available on team website or at Welcome Desk. Signed copy MUST be turned into Welcome Desk when registering in order to set up automatic payments.
· Pay First Payment. The following 5 drafts will draft on the 15th of each month.
· If your credit card or account information changes during the season, you must notify Diana Dempsey, Sr. Aquatic Director of the changes so that she can update your information for the remaining drafts.
· Fill out the Team Registration Form & give to the Welcome Desk when registering. Available on the Team Website & at the Welcome Desk.
Fall Parent Information Meeting
Join us on Wednesday, September 13 at 5:30 pm to meet our head coach, hear about our program & get answers to your questions regarding our Fall/Winter Swim Team