Download the Flyer
FALL/WINTER SWIM TEAM
GREATER SCRANTON YMCA
The YMCA Swim Team is based on the YMCA Principles of competitive swimming and character values. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our Coaching staff boasts some of the most experienced coaches in the area, and is dedicated to emphasizing values through individual development in swimming skills, sportsmanship, leadership and team spirit.
ALL OF THE ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE SWIMMER’S FIRST PRACTICE. NO SWIMMER CAN BE ADMITTED INTO PRACTICE UNTIL ALL OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
- All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants.
- Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE YMCA MEMBERS
- League Competition is required for all swimmers during our Fall/Winter Season. We participate in the YMCA Penn-Dell league. For those who desire a higher level of competition, USA membership/meets are recommended.
- Raffle Tickets: Each family is required to purchase/sell 10 (10) Raffle Tickets.
- Parent Club Fee: There is a $35 Fall/Winter Parent Club fee for each family. This should be paid when registering your swimmer(s).
- Practice Fee includes Team T-Shirt & one (1) team cap.
“Blue” Practice For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of Swim Team Experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique (ages 5-10) 9/24-mid November: Mon/Fri: 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wed: 6:00-7:00 p.m. Pool Renovations complete: Mon/Wed/Fri: 5:30-6:30pm
“White” Practice : For the dedicated swimmer. Swimmers must be proficient in all competitive strokes & turns. USA Membership recommended for this Practice Group. 9/24-mid November: Monday through Friday: 6:00-7:30 am Mon: 6:30-8:30pm/Tue/Thur: 7:30-9:00pm/Wed 7:00-8:30pm/Sat: 6:30-8:00 am Pool Renovations complete: Monday through Friday: 6:00-7:30 am Mon/Wed: 6:30-8:30pm / Tue/Thur: 6:30-8:30 pm / Sat: 6:30-8:00 am
USA Fee: All of our swimmers who opt to also be a USA Swimmer, will pay the USA Fee. This fee includes all of the following: USA membership fee, USA Coaches expense fees , This Fee does not include individual entry fees for USA meets the swimmer will attend.
Blue - $300
White - $510
High School - $150
USA Fee - $165
Bank Draft Option (deposit then 5 payments)
Blue - $50
White - $85
High School - $25
USA Fee- Not Available
- Registration will open on Monday, August 10, 2018 at the YMCA Welcome Desk. Sorry, but On-line Registration is not available.
- Registration Process:
- Join the Greater Scranton YMCA (if not already a member)
- Register at YMCA Welcome Desk for Practice Session (Check with coach if unsure of practice)
- Pay in Full OR if using Payment Plan:
- Fill out Electronic Draft Authorization Form (available on team website or at Welcome Desk. Signed copy MUST be turned into Welcome Desk when registering in order to set up automatic payments.
- Pay First Payment. The following 5 drafts will draft on the 15th of each month.
- If your credit card or account information changes during the season, you must notify Diana Dempsey, Sr. Aquatic Director of the changes so that she can update your information for the remaining drafts.
- Fill out the Team Registration Form & give to the Welcome Desk when registering. Available on the Team Website & at the Welcome Desk.
- Fill out on-line Swimmer Registration Form via link on team website: gsyswimming.org
Parent Information Meeting
Both of our pools will have renovations this year. Renovations will begin the week of August 13th. Pool A work will be done first, followed by Pool B work. During this time period we will have only 1 pool open. Renovations are estimated to be completely finished mid to late November. Practice schedules will change back to normal times when we have 2 pools open again. We will have no home meets until after renovations are complete.