AMERICAN RED CROSS
LIFEGUARD & LIFEGUARD REVIEW CERTIFICATION COURSES
The Courses will meet as shown below.
All courses are Blended Learning. (A portion of the classroom learning will be e-learning at home, while all skills will be conducted at the YMCA). Participants must attend all days/times for the course . E-learning link will be emailed upon registration for the course. Please bring printout of e-learning completion to first class.
Pre-requisites for the Full course:
· Minimum age is 15.
· Pass the following pre-requisite swim test (given on Saturday, September 20th 10:30am-12noon.
· Swim 300 yards (12 lengths of our pool) using either Freestyle or Breaststroke or a combination of both.
· Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs:
· Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
· Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
· Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
· Surface and swim 20 yards on back with both hands holding object
· Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Participants in the Review Course must present current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid on the 1st day of class.
ALL Course Fees: $50 non-refundable registration fee. This reserves your place in the course. Those who pass pre-course swim test then pay the remaining course fees shown below.
FULL COURSE: Member: $125 Non-Member: $150
REVIEW COURSE: Member: $50 Non-Member: $125
Full Course #1
9/23/17 - 10/8/17
Full Course #2
Review Course #1
Review Course #2